View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindfulAgony View Post
She's a long time area resident. So, I believe she does have others to look out for her. She lives alone though and just recently moved to a new apartment. I am worried. But, it just seems plain creepy for me to do too much checking. I dunno. I think I'm getting to the point where it will feel better to potentially intrude too much than to not know.
Mindful Agony,

I'm sorry for the bumps along the way; I know a thing or two about bumps and am only recently trying to embrace them as part of my path, along with the joy.

I too would be more apt to pursue it a bit. To what point, I don't know. More than likely she is physically okay, but inter-personally inept. I would decide ahead of time (e.g. I'll contact her in this way x number of times more) and do so up to that point. After that point, you are left to find closure on your own.

Without getting into the details, I am dealing with a similar decision matrix regarding two of my closest friends and the abrupt ending of communication and I assume, our friendships, though they have never had the decency to make this clear. Closure is very important to me, but I have to realize that at least one of them is admittedly emotionally inept, so I am highly unlikely to get what I feel I need from her (whether or not the friendship ever gets re-established).

I wish for you resolution and far less bumps in the road ahead.

Warmly,
forging my path together with the best partner I could ever ask for!