View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 AM

I might as well add my two cents in, seeing as this is also my story (I'm Tonberry's husband, for those of you who haven't seen the intro thread).

It's been summed up pretty well, and yes, as she pointed out I do have some anxiety issues about feeling what I'm allowed to do and feel* that I'm trying to work through.

The situation with J (the coworker I like) is a little more complicated than she describes, because my job has strict rules against employees dating. So while I'm not going to hide that I like her or that I'm interested, I'm not going out of my way to advertise it either. If something did happen it would have to be known only to the three of us, but we'll see what happens when it happens.

*I was the favorite target of most of the bullies in my various schools, so everything I did was under scrutiny looking for some way to use it against me, and the school administration generally either ignored or subtly encouraged it. There are times it's stressful to admit that I'm a fan of a musician, let alone something as big as feeling attracted to someone or living an unconventional lifestyle.