View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM

Ya know, it's not just something you should be doin for him, finances are an important thing to know. When my grandfather died I spent DAYS going over everything with my grandma. Bank accounts, insurance policies, what bills were paid when and out of what account, how much was in savings and what was it's intended use, showing her how to budget to continue living the way she was used to.

She was so lost my heart ached. And she still had full mental capacity, she just never cared to work on finances and was more than happy to let him do it. So when the time came, she had no idea what to do, bill collectors were calling b/c she didn't know what was do when, she was getting ripped off by people who took advantage of her.

I pray you, mono and and PN have many, many years ahead of you, but it is important, no matter how much you don't like them, to know where your finances stand and how to keep them there if something happens.

Honestly, Karma'd be in the same boat. We've made a finance date several times and video games take a greater role.

I just don't want that to happen to any of you.

You sound like you are feeling better and in better spirits. I'm glad to hear it! Glad you got some time out with those who care about you.