View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
Then there is my heart disease, two heart attacks last year that left me with a damaged ticker and more meds...don't get me started on side effects....lol.
My dad had 2 heart attacks before turning 33. He had to have 7 bypasses when he was 35 (back when it was still a new thing). He went another 25+ years before it started causing trouble again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
We have lots of talks. Not easy ones either, but things need to be worked through....she works through things differently than I do...like a writer doing rough drafts working towards a final edit...but talking instead of writing through the rough drafts...working on what is being said until sometimes hours later getting to a resolution. It's tough....I don't work like that...get to the point....say what you mean....but I sit there and listen, doing my best to understand...to be supportive while she works through what she is saying....not always succeeding.....but in the end , we do get there. With her it's kind of like an onion.....peel back one layer...and there's another one...work through that one....damn, another layer But things are getting better..slowly...still not easy, but easier...this journey of poly is at same time, the easiest and the hardest thing I have ever done.....the simplest and the most complex. I am enjoying the good stuff...learning from the rest and always remembering....to love.
And you sit there trying to come up with a solution as she is talking, before she ever gets to the true problem . The problem is that she doesn't even know what the problem truely is until she starts talking about it and as she talks she starts gaining an understanding herself. I like your rough draft analogy, I'd like to use that to help my husband understand why I do the same thing. It is awsome that you get this about her.