View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly View Post
With the emoticon there, I get that you're joking, but I sort-of think in the scenario that you describe there's a pretty reasonable chance that they were into you on some level and were looking for a way to start telling a story in which you were also into them.
I've tossed that around in my head and I think you may be right in regards to a couple of them. I like to cheer on folks I'm around in whatever they're doing and try to remember things they've mentioned to follow up on later (we're all in this human experience together) and that may be better treatment than they get from most other men they deal with regularly. Perhaps they would like to live in a story where there's romantic interest from a man who invariably treats them well, and turning him down adds a melancholy turn to the story.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.