There's a lot in this thread, especially as it became a meta-discussion about the forum instead of about Ygirl, that I felt like responding to.
Originally Posted by Ilove2men
It really stinks of highschool issues from your past or something. I just wonder... Why are you here? Why do you come to a board that you so love to bash.
I was going to write this long analogy about a team project, and how weird it would be to accuse a dissenter of having issues from high school, but I think it's easier to just sum up by saying that I think that Ceoli is offering constructive criticism, and I get that you don't.
What I think is going on in the larger conversation is disagreement on a few specific points:
- This forum can reasonably be described as a resource for people to discuss polyamory. -- I think that there's broad agreement with this.
- Many people who post on this forum are well served by it. -- I think that there's broad agreement with this.
- There exist people who would like to discuss polyamory who are not well served by this forum. -- There may be some disagreement here.
- Some of those people would not contribute anything valuable to the forum. -- I think that there's broad agreement with this.
- Some other of those people would contribute something valuable to the forum. -- I think that there's significant disagreement with this.
- There is a way in which this forum could continue to serve well the people it does but also serve well additional potential contributors if some steps were taken. -- I think that there's significant disagreement with this.
- People who are already well-served by the forum are unlikely to be the best people to evaluate those steps. -- I think that there's significant disagreement with this.