View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
And again, people can appear to be playing nicely whilst simultaneously flat out invalidating the experiences of others. They can couch this in "it's just how I feel" or "my poly isn't your poly" etc, but the effect still stands.
Weren't you just trying to claim that we shouldn't be limiting how people express themselves?

Or did that only apply to some of the people? Those you'd choose to express themselves freely?

Seems to me you want to show preference to some expression and not to other expression--the same thing you're complaining about us doing.

I also see you trying to lay dislike you have for members here at the feet of the board admin/mod staff. You criticize folks for not taking criticism well--a problem with members--while offering that other sites take a more "mature" approach as if there's some magic wand the staff can use to keep folks from getting pissy in the face of disagreement. The mod staff can do nothing about people getting pissy--we can only rein in abusive behavior in posts.

So, is your problem a social one in that you just don't like the members here? Or is it a structural one and our insistence on civil discussion that offends you?

The more I read, the more I'm convinced that the issue is one of folks who don't like some of our members staying away and claiming this site is somehow exclusive because they choose to stay away. I've seen nothing that indicates anything different and the only problem I see with it is that they're offering up their choice as somehow being forced upon them.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.