View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
yes, depression is definitely a consideration. That and anxiety. I think some counseling and meds are something he should consider. I would go with him sometimes to therapy also, but he has made no attempt to do anything.... I'm not a fan of medication. I would support whatever he does to feel better, but I would help him get off meds as soon as he can if therapy works. I think meds make us compromise rather than do what we really need to do to be happy in life most of the time... just my opinion, I know that others think differently. Still, whatever, if he is happy, I will be supportive.
Medication to fix things in the short term isn't a bad thing. It gives you the chance to figure out the why of the depression/anxiety and work on it. I don't agree with medication being used as a crutch so that you don't have to work on your issues, but the clear head to work on those issues is definitely a good thing. As a friend said at the women's group, it can be like putting glasses on your brain.

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok it's not the end.