View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Some key lessons in my life have occurred because of this, here is the synopsis

1 – communication is beyond important. Even if you have to repeat yourself
2 – Love is not always reciprocal
3 – Live without expectation – hopes and dreams are something different
4 – don’t hide5 – jealousy does not stem your environment, it stems from your comfort with that environment, at least in my case. I didn’t know I could be jealous until I was insecure about my environment with E

I know my journey in many ways is different than others, we didn’t come into this locked into fidelity. We never really believed that was possible. That helped a lot of the initial hiccups. But we had our own challenges, as an individual this has been harder on me than on her.

Some of you will know some or all of this. A few of you watched my wallowing in the beginning, thanks to all of you who helped me through it and get to this point ...I owe ya some beers
Wow! You know for someone who thought they knew ya....there was alot I didn't. Your journey has been a special interest of mine because you are my friend, one of my dearest. I thank God every day that 2Rings and KT talked me into signing-on here. As my wonderful father in law used to whisper to me on our snooker dates: "You are a treasure and a pleasure to behold," and I cannot imagine being on this self-discovery without you. Honestly, you have been a sounding board, a shoulder to cry on and slap in the head when I needed it. Thank you love. BTW Post #4 is my favorite!

That aside, figuring out what OUR poly is(respectively) has been the fun of our friendship. The bolded bullet points above have impacted me in this reading. As always, you helped me through a rough spot today without knowing it (happened after we talked) and I decided to read your blog which I missed yesterday because I was engrossed in reading Redpepper's. So today, after we had our breakfast chat,2Rings and I had a heartwrenching exchange about expectations/hopes/dreams/plans and of course the ever present jealousy issues. The conversation didn't end well, although I have my hopes that it at least will be an eventual positive impact talk; and just when I thought I was going to burst into tears, I logged on and read this. You are right ya big, fuzzy Canuck- live without expectation, communicate, live out loud and not in hiding, get a hold of your insecurity and don't operate from fear! {{{hugs}}}

PS- I will take a pint of Guinness

Last edited by Morningglory629; 08-14-2010 at 09:16 PM.