Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewith2 View Post
Hi all!

He's away this week visiting with a long-time friend and I joked with him that he could tell him that I said "hi". Long story short, he's pretty sure that his friend is attracted to, maybe in love with, his wife, and thus his hesitance to tell him. She is not attracted to him, and he's afraid of creating a rift.

I have never heard this discussed, but I'm sure there are others who have experience with this. How do you "come out", without making it seem like an invitation if it's not one?

Thanks in advance,
How do you do it when you are single? Screw poly, or take it out of the picture. How do people deal with people who they aren't interested in romantically/sexually that are interested in you?...

For me it was just a straight up "sorry I am not interested"...if I care or like the person I might give a reason, if it is someone who I am simply acquainted with, I don't feel the need explain.

However, I don't assume the other person is interested. Come out, if there are advances, you have to deal with them as they come. Don't assume someone is interested sexual in another person, it can get embarrassing