View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyfish View Post
I can say this in all honesty, for me, once I came to terms with being poly, it has been as easy as breathing. For me, there are no new, additional downsides. .
I agree with this. I now acknowledge I am naturally poly. I was in a mono relationship for 33 yrs, and suppressing that part of my personality was damaging to both me and my ex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist View Post
My 12 year monogamous relationship was much harder than my current poly relationships but that's just because I had a lot of emotional work to do back then and also I had no relationship skills yet and I had to learn all of that. Now that I'm older (and wiser) relationships are just easier!! Since I'm poly now, it seems that poly relationships are easier to me.
Yes. Now that I am free of the marriage that didnt suit me, I am much more open and honest with all the people I love and/or date. I don't have to hide my crushes or attractions anymore.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37