Thread: Is it possible?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:38 PM

I believe it's possible to have more than one soul mate, and to love both (or more) of them at the same time. It's never happened to me, but I've heard other people who've said it's happened to them, and I have no reason to doubt them.

I, too, disagree that soul mates are forged by shared hardship. That certainly does create a bond, no doubt about it, but the whole idea behind "soul mates" is that you meet them and it feels like you've known each other since the dawn of time. That's certainly how it was with my husband. When we met, it was like "Oh, hi again! Haven't seen you in a while."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
I don't always believe soul friends are meant to stay in your life btw. Sometimes its a matter of being a game changer. She came into my life to rip me free of what was happening. I believe certain people are connected in ways, and time...she was one of those. My wife was another...
I believe that everyone comes into your life for a reason. I certainly don't mean that everyone is a soul mate, of course. But at different points in your life, you have certain things you need to learn, and people come into your life to teach you those lessons. You'll be very close to some, indifferent to most, and hate the guts of a few. But you need each of them to be in your life in order for you to reach the next stage of your journey.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."