Thread: Is it possible?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
I don't believe soulmates are born. I believe they are forged in shared time and conflict resolution (commitment). I would agree that there are those with whom we feel almost spiritual connections, but I think those connections, more often than not, boil down to shared personality traits or good reading of body language. Those relationships are subject to the limitations of time and circumstances, like any others.
Ya I disagree. With my ex, right after/during my first common-law wife, we had almost 0 interaction and there was the most insane energy between us. We were connecting on a level I had never imagined possible. This is the first 10 minutes of us meeting. It was so powerful my jealous wife dragged me from the party and made me vow never to talk to her again. Needless to say we ended up together.

That said, this relationship (when we finally got to it) was like watching a fireball explode. Our energies were far too intense to maintain anything for long. This is where anam cara comes into play. She is very much connected to me in a deep way, I would even call it my soul (as an agnostic) but it was meant to be temporary. She played her role in my life and she will be with me forever...but we will never be together again.

As a ps...as an agnostic and before that atheist, I thought the idea of soul mates was absurd and beyond ridiculous. This experience change my opinion on "is it possible"...whether or not it is for everyone, I have no idea. But it sure as hell is for me

Last edited by Ariakas; 08-05-2010 at 04:03 AM.