View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
JKelly"I'm not sure how to answer this question. If I somehow knew right now that I would never fall in love with anyone new for the rest of my life, I'd be sad about that. It'd imply that I was going to spend the rest of my life meeting people who I don't find loveable! "

This brought up some sadness for me because this is exactly the way I used to feel when I was in a bad marriage. Now I have a great relationship I just don't feel this anymore so while my brain knows that others can still feel like this in good relationships my heart still cries (sometimes).
Well, rest assured that I'm not in a bad marriage!

I think that the scenario is a little more complicated than my presentation above, because there is also one's own ability to love that's part of the equation. That doesn't really change my answer though; if I found myself unable to love people, I'd feel like some very important part of my emotional experience was being shut down. I'd think of it as a problem to do some self-work on, I mean. I'd be pretty surprised if the greatness of any one relationship changed that.