View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
I agree with that. And being CF is a lot more (or a lot LESS, if you prefer) than not just being a "parent". It ALSO means not passing on your DNA.
But why? What is it about passing on your DNA that makes you think that person cannot be "child free"?

Quote:
The benefit of having such a restrictive definition of what it means to be CF is so that there is some criteria for identifying other like-minded individuals. I thought I said this somewhere already, but I may have edited it in while you were typing your post.
If it is about "identifying like-minded individuals", then I understand even less. If you meet someone who has exactly your view, and shares all your opinions on the subject, but 15 years ago, they had a different perspective and had a child adopted, or donated sperm, what makes them not like-minded now?

Quote:
I'm a little bit amused by how much stock people seem to be placing in my opinion(s) about this, as though I'm some sort of authority figure.
I don't think that is what is happening. Your definitions are just being questioned because they seem arbitrary - that's all.