View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
ha! I thought there really is a movement. Is there? sorry, confused now.... it wasn't fucking so ygirl
I thought of that after the second time I edited my message, but by then I was already in bed.

I should have said, "AS FAR AS I KNOW, there is no organized CF 'movement'". At least, if there is one, I am definitely not part of it, much less a member of any sort of governing body it would have. There are internet forums and social groups and shit like that. I am not out to convert anyone to my way of thinking; I just like it when I do find other people who already think the way I do. This holds true for other things besides being CF.

Quote:
Even was a I was child free I noticed this.... just in case you think I'm talking about after.
Wellll.... I already said that if you ever wanted a kid you were never CF. The whole reason for using the suffix "-free" instead of "-less" is to draw emphasis away from the notion that someone WANTS a kid. I believe you said you got pregnant intentionally. That says to me that you wanted a kid. Therefore you were not child-free before that, you were child-LESS, or "pre-child" or "pre-parent", or whatever you prefer.

Having said all that, I hereby give you my permission to call yourself "CF for the weekend" and to be loud and obnoxious as much as you want and annoy all the other campers, whether they are CF or not. I am also going camping this weekend (again) and plan to try to not annoy anyone (except my husband, perhaps) and in return, all I expect is to be left in peace. And, I am usually the loudest, I'm sure I'm louder than you. If you were screaming at the top of your lungs and I was speaking in my normal speaking voice, I guarantee that it would be me who would be singled out and complained about. This actually happened to me once where some woman at a nudist campground asked me if I had any kids, and when I said "no" she said "Good for YOU!" and we got into a "loud obnoxious" conversation about it. After I got home, I got an email from the owners saying that I was no longer welcome there because I offended people with my conversation that day. Yes, there were other people around and one family with two teenagers, but my conversation was not x-rated or anything. I think I dropped one or two F-bombs before I realized there were minors nearby, after which I made a point to use G-rated cussing, such as saying "freaking" instead of "fucking". But I am sure that it was the nature of the conversation, that is, having different fundamental values and priorities than those most people tend to hold near and dear, combined with the fact that I eschew one of the things most people hold nearest and dearest.

So, I tend to avoid hanging out with small children, not because I can't stand them, but because I do not want to have to censor myself continuously. Remember the video conference we had, where I was holding up my dildos and your son walked right up to the computer screen? HE did nothing wrong, and I was being my usual silly self, but it was not age-appropriate for a 7-year-old. That is the sort of thing I'm talking about. And for the record, I think your son is an awesome kid, or person if you prefer, if only from what I know of him through you and Mono on here and on FB.

So there!

Last edited by NeonKaos; 07-29-2010 at 12:52 PM.