View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatthegreat View Post
I just think monogamy is boring and unnatural. Why can't people understand that? How can I communicate that better to the monos?
I have a couple of suggestions. First, if you do think that monogamy is boring and unnatural, make sure you don't generalize. Make sure you add in that for you specifically it lacks desired diversity and goes against your nature. Otherwise it sounds like you are judging them as being boring and unnatural for being monogamous. That kind of statement will elicit an automatic defence emotion and put a barrier up for positive communication.

Try explaining that you and your husband have a relationship which is founded on the healthy desire and mutual freedom to experience others in whatever way you feel is positive. Get the point across that you are not a monogamous couple...the principles of your relationship include sexual freedom to explore other meaningful people. Make sure they know it is a two way street.

If all else fails..have them talk to your husband. If he truly feels the same way you do, he won't have to say much, they will see it in his eyes and feel your connection.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over