View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by monopolylover View Post
I have a pretty harsh stance on poly men because 99.9% of them have all been the same. I'm not saying that all poly men aren't like, "HA HA, I got that ass tonight sucker and can have it any second whilst you are away!" but,... well if there are, they are being drown out by all the noise from the opportunist assholes.
Not to be overly pedantic, but I doubt that I've met 1,000 poly- men in my life, and I've been in various poly- communities for many years now.

I'm kind of wondering if you've met any at all, given the description above. My partners are people who are, well, my partners. I am actually, you know, romantically involved with them; we go out on dates, do laundry together, make soup when someone's sick, go to family events, etc. The idea of my thinking of them as "that ass" is so outlandish... hm. Let me put it this way; I am reasonably sure that nobody I have ever dated would have dated me if I was the type of person who would think that. That also goes for the other people that they would date!

Further, I've also never had a metamour (lover of my lover) who I thought of as a "sucker". Why would I date someone who had such awful taste in partners? That'd be terrible.

I don't really know what's going on in your world, or in your head, but I do find myself wishing that you wouldn't describe it as polyamory, 'cause it sounds like some sort of weird misogynistic pissing contest instead of multiple honest romantic relationships.