View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 PM

I'm not opposed to the idea of knowing these other people she "dates" but she doesn't want them to know each other and I've simply not explored knowing them out of my own preference. Since she doesn't want us to know each other I'm perfectly OK with that and would prefer it BUT, as you said, it works better for poly that everyone know each other and understand. I've suspected more and more than this is just another "open" relationship because even those I've been in before who said they were poly ended up just wanting to have the cake and eat it to. Putting on the label of poly as it is a more mature way of plural relationships but then not really living up to any of it as far as the understanding among all involved. if this is just another "open" relationship then once again I'm in the position of "flavor of the week" and no matter how great things may seem, there is a good change another flavor will come along and I'm once again a feather duster who can be pulled out of the closet when and it the next guy doesn't work out.
I see the difference between that and polyamory but I've yet to see it in honest practice in those who claim polyamory.
As I've seen great failures in those who claim mono. I'm a pilgrim without a country. It has helped being on this forum though. I think My only problem is I don't care to play games and far to many people do when they are in relationships no matter what kind of relationships those are.
Too many people want their cake and to eat it to. The more I explore a relationship the more I find the biggest problems are always with filtering out all the bullshit and games.

Last edited by monopolylover; 07-20-2010 at 11:54 PM.