View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
As for the ex, well he made up his mind long ago that I am a fuck head and is not interested in knowing differently as I think it pleases him to think so. Some people are just like that. They like to think negatively of people and love it when they're backed up. No doubt he is very pleased with himself because I just backed his opinion up.
I've always suspected people who do that are simply trying to assure themselves that they're better off without the ex. Perhaps they're trying to assuage feelings of guilt because they know they screwed up and the ex wasn't the source of all the problems. I've never really understood it--I've never vilified exes in that fashion.

Quote:
I know people don't always have their shit together. None of us do. Its only human.
Yup. That's why I don't carry hard feelings for my exes around--I've fucked up inadvertantly enough times to know fully understand the value of compassion.

Quote:
Glad I was so entertaining.
If they aren't sleeping with me, I find it difficult to worry about whether people think poorly of me.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.