Thread: Poly = hippie?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Interesting still....It seems that there are even more people who are poly from even more genre's. Maybe they are regional? I know that in this area, a LOT of them are the hippie type....and a lot of them are into the sci-fi stuff also.

This poses a bit of an issue for my wife and I, as we don't really relate to these people very well. We're not hippies....and we're definatly not into sci-fi at all.......Sigh....It's so difficult. LOL
In my community there is a strong more out group that is political and out there. It's a mix of trans people, more traditional looking families, hippies, emo's, goths, anarchists, old and new alike, different physical abilities and illness/disorders too. We are a good mix, but just the tip of the ice berg. there are far more poly identifying people that don't hang out with our local group. They don't feel they fit, aren't interested in groups... whatever.

Keep looking, there is people out there that you will feel comfortable with. You just haven't found them yet.

As for me I think I am a "hag" a mono hag, a geek hag, a anarchist hag, a queer hag, a military hag... I don't fit anywhere entirely and like that just fine. I fit with my tribe and that is good enough for me.