View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Wow..thanks for sharing and making yourself so vulnerable in this. I think I get the want to have sex with other partners for poly people. Part of it is so totally foreign to us monos that we can't seem to wrap our heads around it. I get the desire to express emotions with the one person I love but can't really understand how it is applied to multiple partners. Why? Because I don't understand how someone loves more than one intimate partner. I can however understand having sex with random un-cared for people when I was single, but for some reason when I fall in love, I just don't desire my other relationships to take on that aspect. In all honesty I don't even think I need sex anymore....but I love having it!

This is useless advice but you made me think and discover something...thanks
Hi Mono!

I don't believe replies are ever useless; they always make me think somehow, or feel heard. I tend to be a very open person by nature (a strange juxtaposition with my difficulty trusting to be sure), and I feel like sometimes these details are important to give others enough info in order to best respond.

I would have been right there with you in not understanding how one can love multiple partners until 7 months ago. And isn't it funny how we are all different; I can't understand having sex with anyone for whom I didn't care a great deal. We are a complex make-up of our genes and our experiences aren't we?

You are most welcome, and again, your thoughts are helpful! Oh, and to your later reply, you are absolutely right; a better phrasing would have been most men would have fled. I know that those decisions are never easy!!!!

Thanks as always,

Christie