View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 AM

@Erato - Here's my take on monogamy.

What I want in a partner is pretty simple. I want an amazing friend that I get to f*** and do awesome stuff with, who has my back.

My life is busy. My tech/creative split means I kinda work two jobs. I also need a decent amount of personal time and space to geek out in. There's a limited amount of space in my life for someone else, to begin with.

When I find a partner that's great in bed, intelligent, driven, and attractive, f***, I'm done! I'm totally taken care of. Then I can get down to the fun of building that relationship, and reap the security, connection, and passion that it brings. That's just the end of the equation for me.

If I find my heart wandering or start feeling like something's missing, then it's clear I'm either with the wrong person, or something's up in the relationship. Either things get resolved, or we break up, and move on.

Between work and cooking and throwing parties and making art and cleaning the house and hanging with friends and traveling and playing shows and everything else, love is but a facet of my life, though its influence pervades everything. I never seek to complicate it, test it, or otherwise monkey with it, if it's working.

To me, more partners just sounds like trouble, and work. More personalities to balance, tears to dry, work issues to shoulder, and logistics to consider. Eff it, if I've got a good partner, I'm happy.

That's not to say I'm not into a fun makeout session or threesome every so often if the mood/situation is right. I'm no puritan. But another girlfriend altogether?!?! hahaha

-M

Last edited by monaural; 07-15-2010 at 12:28 AM.