View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestManAlive View Post
Oh - and The Princess Bride is one of the best movies ever. "Inigo Montoya" wasn't an actor, he's a world-class fencer who got the part kind of by accident. The sword fight between he and Thean In Black is almost completely unchoreographed; he told Carey to play like he thought a sword fight should be and he'd make it look good, lol. True story.
This is off topic, but are you saying Mandy Patinkin isnt an actor?

I'd put this in hide tags, but I cant find the code for it.

wiki

Quote:
Career

After some TV commercial and radio appearances, including the CBS Radio Mystery Theater in 1974, Patinkin had his first success in musical theater,[1] where he played the part of Che in Evita on Broadway in 1979. Patinkin went on to win that year's Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical.[1][2] He then moved to film, playing parts in movies such as Yentl[2] and Ragtime. He returned to Broadway in 1984 to star in the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical Sunday in the Park with George, which saw him earn another Tony Award nomination for Best Actor (Musical).[2]

Patinkin played Inigo Montoya in Rob Reiner's 1987 The Princess Bride[2] (which Patinkin considers his favorite role), in which he delivers the iconic line, "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Patinkin found his studies a huge asset in The Princess Bride, playing the role of the best swordsman in the country, short of the main character, and part of his role included proficiency in fencing, at a professional level. Over the next decade he continued to appear in various movies, such as Dick Tracy and Alien Nation. On Broadway, over the next decade, he appeared in the Tony Award-winning musical The Secret Garden for 706 performances...In 1994, he took the role of Dr. Jeffrey Geiger on CBS' Chicago Hope[2] for which he won an Emmy Award...He returned to Broadway in 2000 in the New York Shakespeare Festival's The Wild Party, earning another Tony Award nomination for Best Actor (Musical)...He is starring in the new musical Paradise Found, co-directed by Harold Prince and Susan Stroman, at the Menier Chocolate Factory, London. The musical plays a limited engagement, from May 2010 through June 26.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32

Last edited by Magdlyn; 07-10-2010 at 11:47 AM.