View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestManAlive View Post
And I felt really, really, REALLY, uncomfortable for a few minutes. Talked about it with the girls, who all insist that I needn't do anything, they kind of think it's fun to watch people blow gaskets in their perception when they say those things, and that I don't need to worry. But as a guy, I'm obligated to think that someday he might be more belligerent, the situation might be a little more complicated, and that I should know how to handle it.

Input? PLEASE?
I've been in this situation a lot, and I also find it uncomfortable. Two things I would say:

1) It makes perfect sense to be uncomfortable. Some men are violently aggressive, and there's no good way to be sure that the strange man you're dealing with won't be. Brainstorm with your partners about this worst-case scenario and what the best thing to do would be.

2) Listen to your partners, because they're correct. I've had a really hard time coming to terms with this myself, but the truth is that they are grown adults (not "girls", right?) perfectly capable of handling themselves in social situations and, on top of that, have had several more years of experience than you have in dealing with unwelcome advances from pushy straight guys.

As a side note, I would... worry less about the social scene. People will read a pushy guy as a pushy guy, and won't care if you're the target's friend, lover, brother or whatever. Going around punching people in the nose is probably not a great idea, but other than that I doubt that the people around you are going to react all that differently to your actions in these situations than they would if you weren't sleeping with all three women. That's been my experience, at least.