View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:41 AM

I haven't been active on the boards for months, and lots has happened. I posted the following in the "how are you doing" thread - then remembered we had our blog thread, and that the new developments were probably very relevant, lol.

But the time has come, lol. Lots has happened, bnoth relationship wise and otherwise. Things are looking up, big time, and I realized that I missed the support here. I think I'll post a catch-up for anyone who cares to read it.

When things fell apart with our triad, things with Violet and I got rocky and then very, very good as we recovered and spent a lot of time on us. Typical, at least it should be.

In March, I purchased a new home, much excitement. Lana never questioned whether she would relocate with us, and we kept her needs in mind when selecting the home. Just friends indeed, LMAO!

In April, my business partner finished making a series of really poor decisions that more or less finished off our venture. By this time my entire household as well as several other people were employed by our company, so when he suddenly laid everyone - including me - off, it was a serious blow for everyone, a tough one for my freindship with him, and a really, really nasty one for my household! The SAME DAY that this happened, Violet and I were on our way to a meeting with said business partner and our attorneys when we were rear ended by an uninsured motorist. That was a GREAT day, lol.

May was spent mostly recovering from injuries, getting teh car fixed, and living on savings.

June was more of the same, but with more prospects on the horizon. In more ways than one. Towards the end of June, Violet and I were having a relationship talk and out of the blue, she says "you know, when I think about Anne now, the anger is gone. All I can remember are the good times. I think we should consider looking for a serious girlfreind again". This started many talks and the beginnings of some action in that direction.

Be careful what you wish for....

Apparently Lana noticed the change. We have been dying for her to be a "real" member of our relationship forever. She's fun, sweet, caring to a fault, BEAUTIFUL (seriously, it's not even right, lol), and frankly she's so involved in our lives that aside from physicality/sexuality and the really private stuff, she IS part of our relationship. The ongoing joke has been that she's our "girlfriend without benefits" - and we recognize and love her as such. But the title and the other stuff makes a difference, and there's always been a gap that made her "friend", albeit a very close one. ANyway - out of the blue, she drops the bomb that she's been thinking a lot and wants to discuss taking our relationship with her to the next level, to being an "actual" girlfriend. Anyone read the earlier character descriptions? Yeah - well, she decided to tell Violet that she's attracted to her too, and is comfortable with that fact.

Whoa.

But that would just be a happy thing, not a "careful what you wish for" thing.

Enter Adrian.

From nowhere. Literally. We know her literally in passing, she works with Violet and Lana. She and I have had a total of maybe two hours' conversation total, ever. I like her, she's very much "my type" and she's awesome, and Violet and Lana have both taken notice of her. But that was about it.

This girl plops down at a club to talk to me one day last week. Nothing new, we chat from time to time. But this time it's VERY different. Right away the questions are very direct, as is the conversation in general. She knows Violet is open to "sharing", she has listened to the girls talk about me and our relationship, she likes talking to me and gets a good vibe from me, she thinks Violet is an amazing woman and extremely attractive, she's sick and tired of casual encounters and relationships ranging from shallow to terrible. She wants to find her place in a happy relationship with caring people. She doesn't ask me out, but she leaves the door so wide open for me to ask her out that not even clueless me can miss it. So I do.

One week later, today. Things with Violet and I are riding high on the NRE that Adrian has brought to the table, and this girl is AMAZING. Like, custom ordered from Starbucks (Titus fans here?) to be our 3rd. It's insane. She moves even faster than Violet and I in some ways (and that's saying something, trust me) and is very cautious and careful in others - the same ones we are. She doesn't believe in lying - she's almost TOO honest sometimes. Her connection with Violet is scary strong already, and they're carefully moving it forward. The connection between she and I is electric and so obvious that anytime we're all together, Violet and Lana both look at the two of us and just shake their heads and smile. And she is so committed to being happy with us that her enthusiasm for a happy, healthy relationship just changes the way everybody looks at everything.

Lana is still on board. A timetable centered on specific events was set before and is still being adhered to, though she admits it's getting harder with all the happiness flowing around from the Adrian Effect.

And while all this is going on, my new work prospects are looking better thn ever, and other things are coming together as well.

This morning was amazing. Violet and I had stopped by Adrians place last night to check on her, the poor dear has been sick and was staying in. We intended to stay an hour or two. Violet passed out cold within half an hour, lol. Adrian and I stayed up well past dawn having a very deep conversation abou our pasts and whatnot; it was very intense. Violet woke up and joined the conversation. Out of the blue, Adrian instigated a completely unexpected and very intense sexual situation between the three of us. She and I have had sex and have a connection, her and Violet have been cautiously affectionate, but this was very different. Afterwords we went right back to the conversation almost as if it hadn't happened, but with a palpable new connection between all of us. By the time we had to leave, there was no doubt in any of our minds that this is going to be one very intersting and very deeply rooted relationship.

When we got home, Lana was up and around and happy to see us, and seemed to know what had happened without asking. She has been super happy and sweet all day and keeps going on about how watching Adrian and us fall for each other like this and all the happiness that has come from it has made her more excited to be a part of it than ever.

I don't deserve this, but I'm not going to screw it up, lol. I figured we had some positive karma banked up after the last 8 months, but wow!

Just... Wow...

Maybe need to change the title of the thread now, lol. The HMA/Violet/Anne triad that lost Anne and is adding Lana and Adrian so it's no longer a triad thread. Maybe just "HMA/Violet's ongoing poly experience" would be better, though we cartainly hope the recent changes are longer lasting.

Last edited by HappiestManAlive; 07-08-2010 at 09:52 AM.