View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:56 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
I think lots of people think you should 'pick a team' and stick with it but (speaking as a pansexual person) it's not a very liberated view ;-) It is also not easy because most people don't get poly, so they scrabble for a model they understand. 'kinky straight couple brings in another girl' they understand. 'All three if us are in love', they do not comprehend and is more out of this world than most movies, so they probably subconsciously seek something more familiar to hang it on.
I think you are totally right about this to some extent. I forget that I have "grown up" in a queer friendly, queer positive, sex positive sub-culture to some degree. I have all the looks of someone in a hetro-norm culture, but once I really talk about myself and what I value and who I cherish in my life, it is hard for others to see me fit into that anymore. I forget, and therefore, quite often, make no attempts to hide my true identity most of the time as a result. Why should I anyway, they can deal with it. I deal with hetrosexism, homophobia, gender stereo typing, and other forms of bigotry and intolerance of others everyday in my work and in my everyday life.

I know I push buttons and I make no apology when it makes people think....

what I think is hot and makes me hummmmm is all that matters and all that others should be happy about for me.

If they look at me with a stunned face, most of the time I like to think that they have gas... lol.... it helps me keep smiling and not take it on...