View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflysky View Post
I had already told him what was going on with me and he proceeded to tell me their plans to go out of town and that I could be in phone contact with him if needed while they were gone.
How long have you been involved with the couple? The only thing I can think of to explain the lack of an offer to visit if needed would be if it were a very new relationship and there hasn't been enough time for much emotional investment. That would require a very new relationship, I'm thinking.

It could be an indication that this couple maintains an emotional distance greater than what you're comfortable with. They might treat each other in the same fashion, which means you're not getting treated any worse; that doesn't eliminate the issue that you're not comfortable with that sort of emotional distance, though.

It could be an indication that they're just never going to consider you as important as other things they've got planned.

I think it's something that needs to be discussed, certainly.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.