View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM

I think you're right here - the only successful mono relationships I've ever had were short term. Usually once it hits about a year I'm struggling with not feeling comfortable being close to my friends (some of whom I've known 3 or 4 times as long as the partner I've had at the time!), tired of being reclusive out of fear of my own nature and feeling extremely unfulfilled socially as a result. I struggle with my innately honest nature in not wanting to "cheat" but at the same time coming to terms with the fact my poly needs are not being met. I saw a term the other day: "serial monogamist", which I feel sums up my history of short term mono relationships. At first I thought the term almost offensive, but now I realize that's exactly what I've been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Honestly it is better if poly dates poly and mono dates mono. Redpepper would agree...it takes a huge amount of stars to align in order for a mono/poly relationship to develop where both partners feel happy and "sustainably" fuilfilled. Short term mono/poly relationships would be a breeze I would think. The mono would probably see the poly as a gap filler between relationships or until something in tune with how they commit to a partner comes along.

Just my perspective though.