View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklady78 View Post
I'm interested in hearing anyone's experiences or thoughts.

I was asked this question (or a version thereof) and it was basically asking "why do I need/want someone else?"
I wish I could give a clear answer. I don't know why. I guess I could just say "because I am"...because in the end I think I always had the ability. I have never exactly conformed to monogamy well.

I believe Pengrah would say the same thing if she ever got online. She was an early bloomer, bi sexual and in a hippy town. She had a number of lovers and could connect with multiple people.

Quote:
In my own case, it wasn't because of any unhappiness (which some people associate with 'seeking out someone else', ie. cheating) in fact I'm happier than I've been in a long time. The reason why I sought out someone else, was for the 'experience' at first, something both my husband and I wanted. Then we both discovered that it was possible to have a relationship with more than one person, and to fall in love. So for me, if I were to seek out another it wouldn't be to fill any void, but it would be for a chance at even more love and/or more happiness.
hmmmm...honestly my wife and I have always been non-monogamous, we simply fell in love with one of the girls we started having threesomes with. After she left the picture as a lover we realized we could love others. And honestly, I can't and don't want to rewind that new found perception.

I feel I have more to give than I currently do and would love to find someone to share that with. We'll see how this adventure unfolds.

Now I also view poly a little differently than others. I don't intend to stop making friends and potentially having threesomes, but i am very open to the fact that I can love other people and continue to explore that possibility.

Discovering Poly has opened up our rulesets and made us re-evaluate what we want and what we are looking for. Previously we locked ourselves into threesomes only & ffm only. Poly has allowed us to begin disgarding those rules.

Last edited by Ariakas; 06-21-2010 at 03:18 AM.