View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quath View Post
I think the analogy doesn't work well because a person does not own another person's sex.

I think a better analogy is playing a game of poker. You start off and agree to the rules (5 card stud) and then play by those rules. You cheat if you break a rule.

In this case, it sounds more like they are negotiating which rules of poker they will play. So it is not cheating until they agree to the rules of the game.
Hey that's awesome, I'm going to use that from now on. You make a good point about not owning sex, especially another person's. And selling another person's sex is pimping!

But maybe another way to put it is, you sit down to a game of Texas Hold'em, which has a standard set of rules. Unless you both agree part way through to start playing 5 card stud, you have to stick with the rules of Texas Hold'em. If you don't like playing Texas Hold'em and your partner doesn't want to play 5 card stud, you have to either keep playing the same game, or you have to quit playing.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."