View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
My husband and I have had a ldr most of our relationship.
Thanks Derby, I appreciate you giving your experience. Yeah, I was noticing you saying recently that you're picking small fights because he's on his way soon. I can see how this might be helpful for both of you - easier for him to leave, easier for you to wrap yourself around being alone for a while.

Must be challenging with kids too. My friend back East has a hubby who fishes, so he leaves for long stretches of time. She says she feels like a single mom some of the time. I think she's brave.

Being your own best company is a good lesson in life, in general. Living alone in my cabin has taught me this. I'm very happy on my own most of the time, so having lots of space works for me. The idea that I am loved keeps me going. I don't know if you're the same way, but there's a difference between being alone, as in not close to anyone, and being on your own but knowing you matter to someone.

I wonder if there will be a time when you two can spend more time together? I wonder if it would be similar to the changes couples go through when their children move out - suddenly they have more time together that they haven't had in years.

When I think about long-distance, I start to think about life and how it turns out. Or, doesn't turn out the way we'd thought. Finding love, sharing some kind of connection with someone is pretty special in and of itself.

Last edited by rolypoly; 06-11-2010 at 03:24 AM.