View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:48 PM

Default Non-mono, Poly-curious; Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh

Hello there.

I am what is called philosophically polyamorous, but I am also open to purely monogamous relationships if conditions are right.

I am new to the poly community, this being my first real venture, but I am not new to the idea of polyamory, nor have I ever questioned myself as polyamorous after first being introduced to the concept about four years ago. I am also pansexual, though I have not yet fallen for someone not of the opposite gender.

As for my relationship history, it is extremely brief. I have one current partner, who is the only partner I've ever had, and we have been together for over a year now, though we have been friends and interested for over six. My partner is a mono, but he is gradually understanding and opening up to me being poly. I established with him, early on, that I may not be exclusive to him in the future.

As a side note, it was Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land that first introduced the concept of polyamory to me.

Though I know I am polyamorous, I still consider myself poly-curious because of my lack of practical experience with polyamorous relationhips and the polyamorous community, as well as because of my openness to monogamy.

To explain my title, I am pretty secure in my own orientation (as secure as someone my age can be), and am simply searching for that tag which encompasses them.