View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaretta View Post
It's about being poly, bc i told my primary from the beginning i wouldn't be able to commit to him monogamously. He kept on hoping i'd snap out of it. I just thought it was a reaction from getting out of a bad marriage, but the more I read about the topic and reflected on my past relationship experiences, it made me realize this lifestyle is so much more in tune to what I want. My primary thinks i'm just trying to find a lifestyle that allows me to cheat freely and he doesn't understand how I've always been like this, it's only just now that I'm realizing a name for it. Monogamy just feels restricting and controlling to me. Polygamy represents freedom to me to be yourself around others and be open to exploring some amazing experiences with others, but I do enjoy having my primary relationship as well and living with someone I love.
If your primary doesn't accept that you can love more than him and is waiting for you to snap out of it, you might have a serious problem. I'm thinking no one will be good enough for you in his eyes.....translated, he doesn't want you to have anyone else. I don't pretend to understand how poly people love but I accept that it is true to them and very real and healthy.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over