View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I guess the next question is...is your finding your poly nature a response to wanting to live certain principles or wanting to share with a certain individual? Is this about actually being poly because you are, or because it enables you to have a relationship with your secondary?
It's about being poly, bc i told my primary from the beginning i wouldn't be able to commit to him monogamously. He kept on hoping i'd snap out of it. I just thought it was a reaction from getting out of a bad marriage, but the more I read about the topic and reflected on my past relationship experiences, it made me realize this lifestyle is so much more in tune to what I want. My primary thinks i'm just trying to find a lifestyle that allows me to cheat freely and he doesn't understand how I've always been like this, it's only just now that I'm realizing a name for it. Monogamy just feels restricting and controlling to me. Polygamy represents freedom to me to be yourself around others and be open to exploring some amazing experiences with others, but I do enjoy having my primary relationship as well and living with someone I love.