Thread: very confused
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedandlost View Post
so do i just be the subservient man and let her run? or do i put my foot down and risk all that we have?
If, by telling her you can't be happy with her loving someone else, you cause her to leave, what do you really have?

I don't know anything about your relationship, and I'm new around here (longtime lurker), so take it for what it's worth. But I do happen to have a spectacular 16-year relationship with my wife, who is exploring polyamory a bit. But she's not doing it despite me, as yours is. There is simply no way she'd do it if I wasn't completely on board. If she somehow lost her mind and did (which actually happened years ago), my foot would be all kinds of down (which it was, and she snapped right out of it.)

The point is you need to put your damn foot down. She's being four different kinds of insensitive to the guy who's supposed to be the love of her life, and she's apparently not going to snap out of it on her own.

That's not to say she can't go ahead and have a relationship with the guy, but it needs to be on both her terms AND yours.

Last edited by groovy9; 06-02-2010 at 10:07 PM.