View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I personally don't see how this forum should be chalked up to being against casual sex.. I think some people are and that is fine, that is their thoughts and opinions. But to chalk up a whole forum to being against it, come on! That's a bit much.

I said "ON THIS FORUM AND ELSEWHERE", not "the whole forum".

I've noticed a certain, I don't know a polite way to say this - disapproval on this forum and elsewhere toward people who say that they have had casual sex, do not regret it, and would do it again if they had the chance. It seems as though the correct answer to "how do you feel about casual sex?" is "I tried it and it felt so wrong that I will only have sex within the context of a "loving" relationship from now on."
I also said this:

Even though there are probably just as many if not more folks on this forum who enjoy casual sex and are not afraid to say so, I think that the term "polyamory" CAN connotate casual sex as something people do because they don't know any better.
Furthermore, I am part of this forum and I said:
For the record, I am one of the individuals who DID used to enjoy "casual sex", "sport-fucking", "friends with benefits", etc. and while there are certain incidents in which I would have been better off not taking part, overall I do NOT regret it, and would for the most part do it all over again.

I grow impatient when people respond to something that was never even said. I appreciate it when people read what was ACTUALLY said before answering (especially because I made a conscious effort to NOT GENERALIZE ABOUT THE ENTIRE FLIPPING FORUM). Reading things that were never even said into someone's posts is "a bit much".

That is all.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 06-02-2010 at 03:32 PM.