View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 PM

So what have I learned?

1. Sometimes it's very difficult to pinpoint exactly what the issue is in any given situation. It's easy to know that something feels "wrong" for you but can be much more difficult to articulate why.

2. Change doesn't have to be bad. Mostly changes lead to growth and experiences that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

3. Support systems are important. The more people you have around you who understand who you are and how you live the easier it will be to find an ear or a shoulder when you need one. It's also nice to have people around to share your happy with.

4. Ultimately you are responsible for your own happiness. Snapping yourself out of a bad mood isn't the easiest thing to do but things run much more smoothly for everyone if you can be happy. It's a self fulfilling prophecy that if you're not happy because no one wants to spend time with you or talk to you then they won't want to spend time with you or talk to you because you're not much fun when you aren't happy.

5. Don't do anything that you're not completely sure you want to do even if someone else would like you to. As much as you're responsible for your own happiness you are also responsible to respect yourself and your own boundaries.

6. Everything needs to be talked about. Nothing can be assumed. What is obvious to one may be a complete mystery to others.

This is all I can think of for now (but then again I don't have 12 years of experience to draw on )

-Derby