Thread: Ungrounded
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolypoly View Post
That's wonderful! It sounds like they are all mono? How has that worked for you?
Well, John and I haven't spoken in about a month since he changed his mind about being open to poly. He initially thought he was okay with it, but fell prey to the conservative Southern traditional mono mindset. I expect he'll be back to give in another try eventually.

Richard has always been mono, but after about 2 months of having me paint a picture for him of what his life could be like, he has embraced the poly lifestyle and says he is happy with it. He has one other sexual partner besides me and also occassionally dates other women.

Steven lives 1,000 miles away and we don't have the opportunity to see each other very often, but I still count him since I am in love with him and he means a lot to me. He does not share with me about his love life and I'm okay with that.

Charles is in a primary relationship with Holland and I've been withdrawing from that connection with them because of the dysfunction. But she knew he wasn't mono when she met him.

I met Katherine about 1 1/2 years ago and she expressed some bi-curiosity. We are open to meeting a guy that we can potentially have a V or triad with. Finding a woman like Katherine is not going to happen every day.....we met at a party through mutual friends. On the other hand, it's fairly easy to find guys who are intereted.....there are at least 5 guys in our social circle who are opened to a relationship with me and Katherine (including Richard and Charles) but we are more focused on James and Brent right now for that since they are both more stable than Charles and more physically available than Richard. Of course, now that Katherine has taken a new job which takes her out of town for 5 weeks at a time, our relationship has slowed down too.

All of that to say that I am happy so far with my progress in this small town with no poly community- especially since I just "came out" as poly within the last 6 months. For me, the key is patience.