Thread: At an impass...
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 AM

Unhappy At an impass...

I would love some advice with this. Thing is, my hubby will not talk about polyamory with me! He is putting up a wall that I have no idea how to get around. I adore and respect this man so very much and refuse to give up our relationship. He gets my flirting, my loving, my caring for people. He is happy to encourage me to make friends (men included) and just smiles about my flirty ways. But, he will not even talk about the more intimate details of my feelings. How do I I convince him that I need more? I am reading books and articles but I am looking for real, honest advice on this. We have such a fun and loving family - we adore each other and forever spoil and adore our kids as well. My love for others has come up every couple of years and I have to deal with this! How do I explain my need for more intimacy with others? When the conversation starts, it ends up in a fight.

Is there anyway to push through this and get a real conversation going? Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Love and hugs to everyone!