View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 AM

Default happiness comes from within

Hi
Thanks for your response it reminded me of what so many people told me while I was married ....happiness comes from within. That statement kept me stuck for a lot longer than necessary but your response prompted me to think about it and put up a post on my blog Happiness comes from Within...Yeah Right! xwifez.com
I think the truth is that the ability to create your own happiness comes from within .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
The part I highlighted stands out to me as a cause for concern. The way it's phrased makes it sound like you need to be in a relationship to be happy. You'll be much better off if you look to yourself and only yourself to provide your happiness. If this relationship prevents you from making yourself happy, then you can decide to make yourself happy by leaving it. And if you find yourself a nice mono man, bonus!

Yes, it's really different to jealousy. Taking your partner for granted and trying to manipulate her to get out of agreements... that's just being a jerk - a condition of which monogamous people are just as capable as poly folk.