Thread: Ungrounded
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat
I've never had a long-distance relationship, I don't think I could do it.
It's difficult. And it's a completely different kind of relationship than building a life together. I hear what you're saying about building connections in person. There are so many types of connection that don't happen with each other when it's long distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist
Let's just say that perhaps The Universe or The Creator (or whatever Higher Power you resonate with) is abundantly able to provide for us the things we need and desire.
I completely agree. It doesn't always look the way we think it will look. But, we always have what we need.

Quote:
I live in a town with no poly community and I've managed to fall in love with a variety of people!
That's wonderful! It sounds like they are all mono? How has that worked for you?

Quote:
Also- taking care of self by living in a place where your health can flourish is an important step.
Sometimes, it's the most important step. There is no sense in being with someone you love if you are not thriving. It's not fair to either person and not fun. If you want to share yourself, wouldn't you want to be the best "you" you can be? *sigh* Doesn't make this easier.