Thread: Ungrounded
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolypoly View Post
On the one hand - live in a place where my health and lifestyle thrive. But, it means moving away again. It means accepting less, in some ways. It means not experiencing what could develop with Nerdist. It means accepting that I won't have a poly community to meet with regularly, which means never quite fitting in, possibly being lonely.
Thanks for sharing!! I can't relate to the health struggles personally, but I have a few friends who struggle with that type of sensitivity. It must be hard! I would like to share with you that maybe it isn't all or nothing/black or white. Let's just say that perhaps The Universe or The Creator (or whatever Higher Power you resonate with) is abundantly able to provide for us the things we need and desire. Then, even in the smallest town, there is very likely more people for you to love. I live in a town with no poly community and I've managed to fall in love with a variety of people! Also- taking care of self by living in a place where your health can flourish is an important step (just like putting on the oxygen mask first and then helping others who can't get theirs on) in the process of being available physically, mentally and emotionally to those you do fall in love with. Also- when you're poly, you don't have to give up long distance love relationships. You can keep them and even if you only get to spend one week per year together, it's still love and it's still life enhancing!!