View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 AM

Things are still going so well! Vacation has been great, we went on a date to see a friend of mine in a play and then to see another friend for her birthday. It was like when we were dating. We danced, we laughed, we had a really good time. I was in a bit of pain the next morning, but it was so worth it. My husband has really taken to heart the things I asked to see improvment on. He's been so easy going, willing to help without argument, compromising, giving compliments, showing that he wants to spend time with me.

I struggled a little today. I got onto facebook and thought it was my page and realised while reading e-mails it was his. He had sent a message to his girlfriend telling her that her new pictures take his breath away. He doesn't ever say things like that to me. I had a moment of wondering why, I started to get scared again that maybe all this is a facade and he is using me for a place to live ( everything is in my name or my parents, if I divorce him, there isn't much he'll get as most was bought before we got married). I talked myself out of my mini freak out. There are a number of reasons why he doesn't say things like that to me. The biggest being he never has, which I assume means he doesn't think I need to hear it. I don't want to whine and say I want more romantic talk, it seems to me if he doesn't say it, he hasn't thought to say it so asking for it cheapens it. And I don't want an identical relationship to the one he has with her. We have our unique relationship and they have theirs. There is nothing wrong with that, it's what makes it work.

It just kind of struck me for a moment. I'm in a better frame of mind now, but it reminded me that even though things are going so well, they aren't fixed yet. I just hope I am giving to him what he wanted fixed the way he is for me.

Other than that I am having a great time seeing my niece and the rest of my family. Hope everyone is enjoying the begining to their week.