Thx folks for the great comments. It was very illuminating.
I had an instructor as a student who would always end the class with "what did you learn" question. Not a bad habit.
What did I learn?
- There are no consistent definition of love, as it is a subjective, internal emotion that has no objective metric.
- It's very situational and depends upon each person, as everyone has a different way of describing it.
- It is felt differently, expressed differently and received differently from party to party
- There is "in love" as a state of being that can erode and "love" as an emotion that lasts longer ; the two should not be confused
- Poly people are really well read. The number of people who quoted other sources was pretty impressive