View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Thumbs up thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaBum23 View Post
“Principles have no real force except when one is well-fed.”: Mark Twain

I think that the first thing I have noticed about compersion is that it become MUCH more difficult if you don't have what you need.

If you are trying to learn compersion I think it is a good idea to make sure that as many of your needs as possible are satisfied.

If some or most of your needs can't be met, you should be aware that learning or having compersion(though not impossible) will be much harder with ever need that isn't satisfied.
For me this is very true and a really good salient reminder. Getting my needs met in a relationship has never been easy for me because I believed that my needs were my responsibility and not my partners. While this is true I have learnt through experience that getting my partner to meet certain needs is actually part and parcel of being in a relationship and necessary for me to stay in a really loving space. The fact that he is poly and I am not (at least not at the moment) probably forces me to demand more of him because for me to cope with his other relationship, our relationship has to be in tip top condition.

Last edited by sage; 05-21-2010 at 06:33 PM.