View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealist View Post
Hahaha....the problem (not having consistent agreed upon answers) is not about whether poly love is different from mono love.....the problem is (in my opinion) that Love itself can not be defined in any type of agreed upon way.

What does it mean when someone says "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" What does being "in love" mean???
Love is a difficult word. How can we use the same word to describe our feeling for pizza and our feeling for ... our lovers or our children?

For ME, "in love" means the romantic feeling I have for husband, girlfriend and boyfriend. Though DH and I have been together 18 years, I would say we are definitely still in love. It burns differently than it did 18 years ago, but no less brightly.

It is the feeling I have when I see that it is GF on my caller id or BF on IM. Or how I feel when I know I am going to see them.

Love is for children, sisters, mother, father.

Quote:

Sometimes....being "in love" means the initial infatuation you feel for a person. Once the infatuation phase dies out (usually around 6 to 8 months) you get to see if there is any actual love there or not.
I guess my version of the terminology differs from yours. In love is a state of romantic love, regardless of the duration and is no less real than any other.

Quote:
Just my two cents. I'd like to hear what others have to say about love and being "in love"
I think the I love you but am not in love with you thing relates to genuinely caring for someone for whom there is no romantic love. Just my opinion.