View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny40179 View Post
Welcome and thanks for sharing and I agree with River. Sometimes a little explanation goes a long way.

Look forward to seeing you around.
That's the thing. I'm involved with one of the many Dharma centers in the upstate New York area that are traditional Tibetian(technically I would be considered the Rime, or non-sectarian, tradition). The teaching themselves are quite wonderful but they tend to attract people who are only dedicated to the Dharma. I call them "Not-A-Monks". They go on month long retreats, don't have sex, and in many cases don't work and live in a monastary..but they aren't monks.

I've looked at other centers but most of the ones that have the practices and teachings I am looking for tend to have the same community(sometimes even the same people).

I usually get a confused expression when I mention that I have A girlfriend. Of course, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that our teacher has what one would call two girlfriends(they use very different terms), so you both might be right. And I am not using the Sangha as a dating circle(that's what I use poly events for).