View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
This is totally unrelated and I'm not judging anything, but there is something about that label that makes me totally cringe, feel threatened and actually mad...
Originally Posted by redsirenn View Post
Eventually something deeper is needed for me to sustain sexual relations with someone. Plus, It is just sooooo much better that way anyhow!
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I used to be very jealous of those that can approach sex so casually because I thought I would be able to myself.

I never thought of "friends with benefits" as being "casual" at all. I have had sex with some of my best buddies, and "casual" is the last thing I have thought of it as. Just the opposite in fact. These were people that I had spent up into the night talking with for months or years, who I had seen in and out of "relationships" and them so vice-versa with me... some were roommates at one point... etc. So I don't think you folks who are squeamish about "friends with benefits" have the scoop or inside track what it's really all about; although when I was with those individuals, the term "friends with benefits" hadn't been coined yet. so maybe it does mean something other than the way I always thought it did.

Edit: my husband is my best friend (of the human species at least) and I have sex with him, so does that also make him a "friend with benefits". It seems that he has more benefits than any other - including health insurance.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 07-22-2009 at 12:34 AM.