View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Endicott View Post
No answers, just a huge number of questions.
Hahaha....the problem (not having consistent agreed upon answers) is not about whether poly love is different from mono love.....the problem is (in my opinion) that Love itself can not be defined in any type of agreed upon way.

What does it mean when someone says "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" What does being "in love" mean???

I have no answers to these questions.

However- I do consider that I am in love with 4 guys. That said- I am not living with any of them and don't plan on it. I've never been married and don't plan on that either. But I do expect these to be long term relationships......except maybe one of them because he will probably move away and we'll lose touch.

I deeply love a female friend that I have known for about 15 years. She is very important to me. I would not say I am "in love" with her since our relationship isn't romantic or sexual.

Sometimes....being "in love" means the initial infatuation you feel for a person. Once the infatuation phase dies out (usually around 6 to 8 months) you get to see if there is any actual love there or not.

Just my two cents. I'd like to hear what others have to say about love and being "in love"
The key to life is in being fully engaged and peacefully detached simultaneously and authentically in each moment.